Hi! If you have found me from my appearance on Rip Off Britain and/or their website. I’ll list some links that you may find helpful.
More details on me and see why I think it so important to complain here
The bestselling book here.
Your rights when it comes to faulty goods and services here for purchases and services prior to October 1st 2015.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 for purchases made on or after October 1st 2015
More about the Consumer Rights Act and how it relates to digital content here.
Ceoemail.com for contact details for all CEOs
Previous appearance on Rip Off Britain here.
Post about complaining on social media pros and cons etc. here.
Keep up to date with consumer issues, free updates to the book etc.
The story covered in the show was regarding a website acting as a travel agent which is not based in the UK but is in the EU. A story regarding a company and gaining redress using EU law is here. All you need to know about booking/complaining about holidays/flights provides links to numerous other posts/information about holidays and flights.
The story above took a lot of time to deal with. In addition to writing in a different style, more objective, provided clarity etc. I also undertook a few other things such as:
1) Putting everything in order of events
2) Writing to the CEO as customer service people had been so useless
3) Making it clear where evidence has been attached
4) Adding in a Claim for calls whilst included -although her calls were free they may have taken her over the contacted amount
5) Claiming for all travel for complainant and other members of the party incurred due to the change in accommodation location
6) Researched distances of travel and provided evidence
7) Researched Marshall Street accommodation and found evidence that the agent don’t offer it anymore
8) Researched costs of bus travel and provided details
9) Provided evidence that the Novotel was 3.6 not 1km away from the original booking
10) Added in UK and EU laws
11) Listed what I expected to resolve the matter
12) Stated what the next steps would be if complaint not satisfactorily resolved
13) Gave a time limit for response before taking matter further
14) Added a summary
If you have a complaint, then everything you need is on the website here and the book which includes over 40 template letters.
Now go, go get that redress!