- If the item is not faulty the store is under no legal obligation to refund or exchange with or without proof of postage, but many of the big stores will
- If you are the giver and taking something back with your proof of purchase and the store will refund or exchange remember that although the store may do this, there may be a time frame for returns, so if you bought a bargain in the Summer, the store may not refund/exchange or will only give a gift card.
- If the item is faulty you still have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and so long as you have proof of purchase you are entitled to refund/repair or replacement depending on when the item was bought.
- If the store takes back items without proof of postage, you will be given the price that the item is at that time, so if in the sale that’s the price you will get
- If the giver has given you a gift receipt it should mean that the store will give you a refund, but again likely to be on a gift card.
- As the store is under no legal obligation to give you a refund for non faulty items it is likely you will be given a gift card if anything.
- If you get a gift card Looking a Gift Card in the mouth? provides some important information you need to know!